CHAIRMAN'S ANNUAL REPORT, 2007
With my first year as Chair of Menstrie Community Council under my belt, I hope our achievements, some major, some minor, have had a positive effect on our village and will continue to do so as new projects reach fruition.
It has been a tough year for us with the sad loss of two of our members, lain McKillop and Sybil Kahn, both missed by us all.
So What Have We Been Doing?
- The first ever Community Council election held in Clackmannanshire successfully achieved
- Carols around the tree enjoyed by all who attended and our thanks go to the Parish Church members for their hospitality
- Redundant lampposts removed from Main Street
- New hanging basket trees and floral displays through the village to enhance our 'summer'
- Successful Grant application of over £30,000.00 to upgrade our woodlands path
- New crossing to be installed at the Western end of the village.
- Repair of the water leak at the Spar
- Pavement repairs around Menstrie Place
- New planting at the western approach to the village
- Upgrade of Mid-town gardens
- Provision of direct bus service to A1loa
- Upgrade of Park Road South
- New flagpoles to be erected at Mid-town gardens
- Public art to be in place around the village reflecting the heritage of Menstrie
- Repairs to Dumyat Centre
- Upgrade of Dumyat Centre and park
- Improved pathways at Mid-town gardens
- Resurrection of Village Fete and Gala
We still have a great deal of work to do and, as always, we are working for the all of the village and look for your support in our labours. It is not always necessary to join committees or be noticed, just supporting events, joining in with a woodland cleanup, allowing us to work on your behalf to make Menstrie a better place to be.
May I take the opportunity to thank fellow Community Councillors for their support this year, without their efforts little would happen. I would also like to thank Clackmannanshire Council for their support and for listening to us.