» Home  » Official  » Community Council  » Minutes, June 2009 

INDEX

 HOME

Welcome to Menstrie

 Churches

Services, activities

 Heritage

History, outdoors

 Images of Menstrie

 Your pictures ...

 Mailbag

You're telling us ...

 Official bodies

Council, health, school

 Social & sport

Fixtures, meetings, results

 

MINUTES OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

8th June 2009 at 7.00 pm, Dumyat Centre Library

Present:

In the chair

Les Sharp

Secretary

Caroline Crawford

Treasurer

Louise Craven

Members

Stan Paterson
Jim Gardiner
Linda Matheson
Derek Hughes
Monika Mackenzie
Wendy Holt
Austin Mitchell

Apologies:

Beth Cook
Councillor Janice Paterson, Clackmannanshire Council
Constable Stephen Currie, Central Scotland Police

In Attendance:

Councillor Eddie Carrick, Clackmannanshire Council
Mary Regan

1. Appointments and Resignations

Derek Hughes tendered his resignation from the Council as he is moving back to England.

2. Approval of Minutes of 12th May 2009

Approved: Wendy Holt
Seconded: Austin Mitchell
The minute was amended to include Austin Mitchell as an attendee.

3. Matters Arising from Minutes

4. Treasurer's Report

	Ring Fenced IT money:  -   £291.54
	Wood Account:          -   £994.19
	Community Council/Gala - £7,830.69	

5. Community Policeman's Report

In the absence of P.C. Currie there was no report.

6. Councillor's Reports

Extension to the Dumyat Centre

Councillor Carrick has been in correspondence with Gladedale and they are taking the Council to court over the repayment to them of the Section 75 money for the extension. He has spoken to the MP and SMP and they have given us their 100% backing.

It was decided, after some discussion, that we would have a community protest outside Gladedale's Head Office in Stirling at a date to be arranged. We will lay on transport for local residents to attend. All the local papers will also be contacted for their support.

ACTION - EC

First Bus

Louise intimated that First Bus have put their fares up. Stagecoach may be looking for a route in Clackmannanshire. EC will ask the relevant officers to investigate. A Hunter's bus does go up to Tullibody but then goes into Stirling.

ACTION - EC

Austin suggested that we should put the bus timetables on the website.

ACTION - LS to AM

B9140

The question was asked why the tender for the upgrade of this road cost an additional £200,000 over budget. EC explained that this was because of problems with the water table for the new roadworks.

7. Correspondence

All correspondence was read and actioned as necessary.

8. Menstrie Matters

The June issue was distributed to all households before the Gala at the beginning of June. The next edition should be ready for distribution around the end of August. After our appeal quite a few people have come forward and volunteered to help with the distribution.

The short story for the gala was discussed and we looked at the possibility of publishing it with our newsletter. After discussion it was agreed that a more feasible option may be to put it on our website.

Advertising in the Newsletter has been very successful and at present is covering production costs.

9. Nova Scotia

There is a change of date for the visit of the delegation from Nova Scotia, which is now to be 5-12th September due to a change in flight schedule of the airline.

We have had many positive comments about the improvements that have been made to the park and the war memorial. EC was asked to pass on our thanks to Ewart McAuslane. We will investigate the possibility of now having some seats put in and illuminating the "fox boy". Many visitors like to get closer to look at the work of art and stepping stones in the garden would be a useful addition to allow this to happen.

ACTION - LS

10. Community Woodland

CC and EC will accompany some visitors from the Big Lottery who are coming to look at the woodland. Volunteers are still required to help manage the woodland.

11. Fete and Gala

Everything is in place and a short meeting was held at the conclusion of the normal business meeting.

12. Any Other Business

It was noted that the Clinic was up for sale. We have had no response from the NHS regarding the ownership of the building.

AM suggested that we should look into the possibility of setting up a forum on the website. AM will speak to JL regarding this and set it up for limited use to begin with.

ACTION - AM

We now have three vacancies on the Community Council and hope that over the summer recess people will come forward to fill these places.

12. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 8th September 2009 at 7.00 pm.

About ... | Accessibility | Contact us | Privacy